Episode 12: Taking the Leap with John Lee Dumas
John Lee Dumas is the founder and the host of Entrepreneur on Fire. It is a top ranked business podcast, named “Best in iTunes” in 2013, that generates 450,000 unique downloads a month. On his show, he interviews inspiring and successful entrepreneurs 7 days a week.
At the time John started his show, there had never been a podcast that interviewed an inspiring successful entrepreneur every day of the week. He knew there was a void that needed to be filled, and thus Entrepreneur on Fire was conceived.
While seeking advice from others before the launch of the show, John was told countless times that a daily podcast would simply not work. Hearing that discouraging message from his mentors, he felt paralyzed with fear. He had to muster up the courage, put “blinders” on, and push through the resistance to get the podcast released… after delaying the launch date three times.
John is super passionate about serving his amazing community. He loves listening to their needs and giving them exactly what they want.
Out of this love of serving his audience, another passion of John’s arose – “Webinar on Fire;” it is a step-by-step program on how to create, present, and convert webinars.
- Don’t let fear stop you from doing great things. EVERYBODY feels fear, but only successful people push through to the end.
- Get a Mentor. It is much easier to accomplish your goals with the guidance of someone who’s been there before.
- The two most powerful words that will shuttle you to success: Just Start.
- Doing little things every single day to get closer to your goal will have massive results down the line.
- Always be in the position to take advantage of the next opportunity.
Tools, Podcasts & Books:
- WorkFlowy is a simple, but powerful to-do list tool.
- Schedule Once is a great tool for scheduling appointments with other people.
- Google tools for most of your business needs: Google Docs, Google Drive, Gmail.
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness by Jeff Olson
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Ask Pat Podcast
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
If John could go back in time, he would tell his younger self to stop stalling and launch his business sooner. By delaying his podcast launch five weeks, he pushed his progress back five weeks; John sees this now as a $100,00 dollar mistake. If he could wave a magic wand and change one thing, he would have taken his own advice and just started without over-thinking it.
- John on Google+
- John’s LinkedIn page
- Click Here to Subscribe in iTunes
- Follow us via Stitcher
- Listen in via RSS
I’m Patti Keating
Marketing Strategist for purpose driven entrepreneurs.
I specialize in creating high-converting hot offers and curating an audience of buyers for coaches who want to expand their reach and land more dream clients.
I teach my clients to simplify and maximize their profits with simple social media content, and sales strategies that work.
Join the Mastermind!
When you’re ready for high level support, masterful coaching and feedback on your content, promotions and sales, get a limited spot in this exclusive small group. You’ll receive coaching calls with me, daily access in our facebook group and Voxer, unlimited marketing feedback and access to ALL of my programs.
Also part of the mastermind are in person 3 day retreats twice each year. We come together to strategize and celebrate in gorgeous locations. We will master your promotional plan and sales strategy. You will leave refreshed, energized with your action plan in hand. This experience alone is worth the price of enrollment.