It’s a brand new year and time to reflect on what you want to do with the next 365 day. Most people abandon their goals within the first 6 weeks of the year! Those people who get results, approach the process in a completely different way than those who don’t. It takes a shift in your mindset and a decision with more commitment than ever before, but if you are willing to follow these steps. Your goals will soon be real.
1. Be specific. Know EXACTLY what you want. Don’t say you want to make more money. State exactly how much money you will make. Decide the exact size you wish to become this year. Know precisely what will be a win for you. Start by brainstorming everything you want to have, do and be this year. Many times once you have everything down on paper you will see that there are actually only 3-5 goals that cover everything you want. These usually fall into the categories of health, relationships, and finances. Focus in on your top 3 goals. Decide on a specific outcome in each area.
2. Move toward the outcome rather than away from the change. Focus gives your brain feedback and explains the world to you. Focus entirely on the results you want rather than the change you are moving away form. Do not focus, for instance on losing wright. weight must constantly be in your awareness in order to measure your progress. Instead focus on the size you wish to become. Focus on the adventures and activities you will be engaging in with your new health. Plan outings in alignment with the results. Get your mind worked up about the end results and so over the top excited there is no other option.
3. Clarity in the key. Create your plan and stick to it. Again, getting emotionally involved with the outcome will help with this step. Map out the routines that you will follow on a daily basis in order to get your desired results. Your strategy and action plan must be crystal clear on a daily basis. So clear that you know in any given moment that you are moving toward your goal. This is accomplished by creating daily routines.
4. Make your why more important than your how. Reasons are the life-force of results. Emotion creates change. You must be emotionally involved with the results you want or it becomes easy to abandon the goal and put it off. Get your heart in the game! Why must you absolutely have this goal in your life? What changes will it create for yourself, your family, your community and the world?
5. Choose extraordinary, then live it. Extraordinary means doing what others will not. Create a standard for yourself that aligns with your desires and decide to live by that standard. When Roger Banister decided to break the 4 minute mile it was considered impossible. Then on May 6, 1954, the Englishman ran the first sub-four-minute mile in recorded history at 3 minutes 59.4 seconds. Six weeks later, John Landy, an Australian, followed suit with 3:58, breaking Bannister’s record. Then more runners did. Now, it’s almost routine. What changed? The human body or the belief?
Decide to do whatever it takes and “burn the ships” With this type of emotional engagement your goals will happen. Surround yourself with people who are living extraordinary lives and this will become second nature to you. Join our facebook group at http://facebook.com/TheEntrepreneurUnleashed to meet other business owners who are living extraordinary lives!