There is a lot of talk about reaching your full potential, peak performance and business success principles. These tools and teachings are important, however there is one single underlying condition I notice with my clients that trips up entrepreneurs. It shows up as a sense of struggle, under-performance and frustration. What’s the condition? They are not playing big enough.
Not don’t get me wrong, it’s not that these capable people aren’t working enough or need more commitment. Far from it! Many times they are overworking and not seeing the results they want. They feel unprepared for a bigger game.
If you are feeling these frustrations there is a quick way to boldly move through them.
1. Get out a piece of paper and write down everything you want to do in this lifetime. Just let it all out. Your mind will appreciate getting it down on paper. Next, go through and circle the things that most excite you from your list. There will be a few items that scare you slightly, yet also excite you. Pay particular attention to these items.
2. Choose one or two of the BIG items and schedule a due date for completion. Challenge yourself here. You may notice your fears kicking up. This is a good sign. You are officially outside your comfort zone and that is where all growth occurs. It is important to learn to feel certain with uncertainty. It’s a sure sign you are onto something big.
3. Decide what you will feel like once it is completed and begin making all your decisions from that feeling. Tell someone what you will do. Write it in your planner then take at least one action step to begin the process. Boldly ask for help. Hire a coach, enlist a friends support, or tell your team members what you will do.
4. Feeling unprepared is a sign that you are on the right track. The truth is in your desire, not your ability to create it. Stay laser focused on what you want and why you want it. Allow support to show up and lead you to the “how-to” steps.
5. Remember you are either growing or you are dying. Growth feels exciting, a little painful as you stretch, yet stronger as you stay with it. Death feels heavy, slow and stagnate. Use these feels as a barometer for your actions.
Learn to live outside your comfort zone and in the path of potential.
Now you are playing big!