No matter where your business is, sometimes you simply need more clients. Although networking, email campaigns and events are all important to your overall Marketing Strategy, nothing beats picking up the phone and scheduling time to talk with your prospects.
There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people right in your backyard. If you want 5 new clients schedule 20 sessions designed to help people get the results they want. Don’t be concerned with the sales process as much as your ability to help. If you are helping people get results and you invite them to work with you you are on your way to getting more clients.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Make a list of 50-100 people you know, who you would like to help. Think of previous clients, people you have met at networking events, people you have connected with on facebook, forums or groups you are part of, associations and networking groups you belong to, people in your neighborhood and businesses or organizations who could benefit from your offer.
2. Reserve 20 appointments on your calendar. Pencil in the times you will meet with people for complementary calls.
3. Pick up the phone and call the list. Ask them how they are doing. Listen to their answers carefully. Is there a problem you can help them solve? Do they seem to be an ideal candidate for your services? If the answer is yes, invite them to a complementary call.
4. Make it fun! Create a chart to track your progress. Give yourself a check mark for each call made until you get to 100. Or you can get a few rolls of quarters and put on quarter in a "fun" jar for a mini celebration after you are done. Pay yourself for your efforts. Watch the jar fill as you make your calls. Then celebrate your success. Make a lunch date with a girlfriend or get a pedicure.
5. Structure your Complementary Calls. Ask questions designed to get your prospect thinking about the solution you provide. These calls should be no longer than 30 minutes. Questions such as, "What do you want to create in this area?", "What stops you?", "What helps you" will get your prospect thinking. Give them a bit of your expertise and invite them to work with you. Getting clients is about serving people and providing solutions.
Remember, 80% of success is showing up. You have to talk to people, identify ways to help and make offers. If you follow these steps you will have 5 clients in one week!