Working with my clients and mastermind participants I often help them fill their businesses with clients. Many times they are running all over town from networking meetings to coffee appointments trying to shake out a few solid leads. It’s frustrating and a BIG waste of time. If this is your case you may want to consider focusing on 10-20 ideal people and use my “Fill Your Business With Ideal Clients System” to ramp up your results. Here are a few of the basic steps to get you up and running.
1. If you have not yet created your client schedule, start right away. Decide on the exact days, times, and the length of your appointments. If you want to work with 10 clients each week you must know what time slots you have available before booking them. Certainty sells and the more structure you have with your schedule and packages, the more confidence you will project to your potential clients. You also give yourself a target to shoot for. You will not recognize your success in filling your business unless you decide how many people you will accept into your schedule.
2. Now that your available appointment slots are scheduled, it’s time to fill them with clients! Get crystal clear about whom your IDEAL client is. If you need assistance with this exercise you may consider a trial in the Conscious Wealth Community where you can download “The Ideal Client Exercise” from the Resource Center. Knowing exactly WHO you want in your business is equally as important as understanding WHEN you will be providing your services. Once you are clear on who you want to bring in, its time to get into action.
3. Make a list of everyone you already know who could get incredible value from your services. As you jot down the name of your potential clients make a note of the benefits they would receive by choosing to work with you. Make sure you list benefits and not features. Benefits are tangible results such as make $10k a month, improving your health or getting your kids to use their manners. Features are the tools you use to support our clients in accomplishing their results. Make your list as long as possible, when you hit a lull just ask yourself for one more name, most often in a very short period of time you will come up with another 5 or 6 people.
4. Get on the phone and offer your services to them. Invite your list to experience your work in a complementary session. This session is designed to help the two of you determine if your services would be a great fit for them in reaching the results they desire. This is not about you giving away free services! This is a complementary session to see if you can help them! Book your sessions in the scheduled time slots you outlined in Step 1.
5. Don’t be shy about inviting people you meet to experience your work. If they fit the criteria you outlined in your “Ideal Client Exercise”, then offer them a complementary session. Remember, you have something of great value and unless you are willing to invite people to experience it, no one will know.
6. At the beginning of your session let your prospect know that at the end of your session, if you both feel you are a good fit to work together, you will invite them to be your client. Ask them if this is okay. You want to elicit their permission to be invited to purchase your services. Once your session is complete, if you indeed do feel they are a good fit, ask them if they are ready to be your client. When they say “yes” schedule them right away. Give them 2 time options, and tell them what they can expect during their first meeting with you. Immediately send them a confirmation at minimum, a packet of info is better.
Whenever you want a boost in the number of your one-on-one client sessions use this system. Remember this is about you providing great services to people who need what you offer. Keep your ego and personality in check. This is not about you making money (although you will!) It is about you helping your ideal clients get what they want.